Bullying....Again?

Bullying...Again?
 
 
 
 
Once again, we have seen an outbreak of bullying, this time in the locker room. And I can't help myself from saying, "At what God damn point is the victim going to stand up for themselves?"
 
I think most of us fall in this hybrid bracket where, of course bullying is wrong and should be punished, but people have to learn to be strong. It's a weird place. Families tell their children to turn the other cheek, and it seems like all that's doing is getting both cheeks hit.
 
I am all for protecting the geeky kid with the glasses in grade school who can't protect himself. The NFL? Really the NFL now? I don't give a shit about a grown man, who has been in a locker room filled with animals for the last 20 years, crying about being bullied.
 
You got to be kidding me. Is the media really going to make us feel bad for one athlete harassing another athlete? I've been in the locker rooms all my life, football, hockey, and lacrosse. If you take out any conversation that makes fun of another athlete in the room, every locker would be dead silent. Fighting is ALLOWED amongst teammates; they happen all the time in every sport. This ain't the school yard where the principle will send you home.
 
OF COURSE, children should be protected.
 
MARTIN doesn't need protection.
 
-Johnny Guns

***

No comments:

Post a Comment